Friday, July 29, 2011

The Brushing Battle

Poetry and music in motion!

Are you all too familiar with the "brushing battle?" Getting your children to care for their teeth as they should, is a battle that you as a parent have to win. Using poetry is, perhaps, a little unconventional, but sometimes, you have to be. Below are two songs to sing and a poem, too! Just print them out (in large size font) and attach to their bathroom mirror!You'll have a little tooth brushing entertainer before you know it!

Brushing
(to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star")
Here's my toothpaste, here's my brush
I won't hurry, I won't rush.
Working hard to keep teeth clean
Front and back and in between
When I brush for quite a while
I will have a happy smile!

The Toothbrush Song
(to the tune of "Row,Row, Row Your Boat")
Brush, brush, brush your teeth
Brush them everyday.
We put toothpaste on our brush
To help stop tooth decay.
Floss, floss, floss your teeth.
Floss them every day!
Using the string to clean between
Keeps the plaque away!
Clean, clean, clean your teeth.
Clean them every day!
Your teeth will sparkle for years to come
In the most beautiful way!
Brush, brush, brush your teeth.
Brush them every day!
Happy, healthy teeth you'll have
If it's done this way.

Can You See My Teeth? Poem

Can you see my teeth?
I use them to chew.
I chew things like carrots
so my teeth stay like new!

Can you see my teeth?
I use them to bite.
I bite things like apples
so my teeth will stay white!

Can you see my teeth?
I use them to speak.
I say “t” and “f”
every day of the week!

Can you see my teeth?
I use them to smile.
I brush until my grin
is as wide as a mile!

We hope these come in handy! Have a great weekend! :)

Post credits: www.moderndentalmarketing.com & www.canteach.ca