Thursday, April 5, 2012

*MEET THE DENTIST!* Dr. Thomas Thurman


Meet Dr. Thurman from our Middletown office! 
(Rather than his picture - we had to share this video again of Dr. Thurman from Christmastime! Too funny!)

Doctor's Full Name: 
Thomas R. Thurman

Hometown:
Louisville, KY

Undergraduate College:
University of Louisville

Dental School:
University of Louisville School of Dentistry 

Dental Specialties:
I am not a specialist, but I do a lot of root canals, oral surgery and crown and bridge. 

Family:
Wife, Susan is an educator with JCPS. Son, Jeff, is a UK graduate and currently a student at the University School of Medicine. Son, Todd, is a high school junior and is considering dentistry as a career. 

Pet:
Ferret named "Miss Bojangles." Long story as to how we came to have a pet ferret. But, it involves a certain college student who is now a med student! 

Favorite Toothpaste:
Colgate

Manual or Power Brush?
Power

Favorite Food:
A big, juicy steak. 

Favorite Vacation Spot:
Destin, FL - Myrtle Beach - Rock Mountain National Park 

Favorite Hobbies:
Backpacking - working on old British sports cars - home improvement projects 

Funniest/Most Memorable and/or Most Interesting Moment Experienced in Dentistry:
Many patients joke about falling out of the chair when leaned back. I've never had a patient fall out of the chair but I personally did one time. I tried to scoot my stool but the wheels caught on something. The chair stopped, but I kept going and landed on the floor! I was pretty embarrassed, but the patient and I had a good laugh!